Friday, April 29, 2011

Blog# 12.2

Dear Bobby,
You know how I do enjoy reading the letters you send me. It brings me so many emotions thought, happiness, sadness, loneliness. No need to worry about me, the neighbors do at times taunt me about how you're not coming home, but I just simply brush them away. Nice to hear that you made some friends over there, you were so anti social back here, haha.
On a serious note, those men need to grow up and put you as one of the airmen. They should know better that they're fighting against others, not each other. About the training, that's great to hear! You're a hard worker and I know you'll finish with no disappointing looks on you. Try your best and never give up, no matter what the men say. You're fighting for the country, not for there respect.
How right you are, about slavery. But give it time, and it should blow over. Though I still have a feeling that racism will stick around for a loong time, but not be as bad as it is today.
You know I don't like it when you talk about "not coming home"...it worries me as well, especially when I hear it from you. War is a dangerous game, but I know you can pull it through, people will see you as a hero, even if they don't say it or make you feel like one. You don't need an award or a hand shake from the president to win me over. You already have me and you'll always be a hero in my eyes no matter what. I'll see you when you come home. WHEN you come. I love you too, and always will.

Love,
Darla

Malia's Blog: here

No comments:

Post a Comment